DIABETIC FRIENDLY, SUGAR FREE, GLUTEN FREE RECIPE (Dip & Veggies only)
Well peeps it’s that time of the year….Super Bowl is just around the corner. If you are looking for a completely THM “S”atisfying yummo dip to have, this is the one for YOU!!!
This is also a workplace favorite for food day…that is where I first had it 🙂
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded in the crockpot (I used my small crockpot and drained off the liquid…freeze it and use it in your next batch of chicken soup)…I wait until the chicken is on sale for $1.69 per pound and then buy 2 family packs
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of Frank’s Red Hot sauce to taste (based on $1.99 for 12 ounce bottle = approx. $0.75 – $1.00 for recipe)
- 12 ounces of whipped cream cheese (you will need to purchase two 8 ounce containers, based on $1.49 each = $2.13 for recipe)
- 2 -4 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese shredded ($0.45 – $0.90)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing to taste ($0.50 – $0.75)
- Cook chicken in crockpot, drain off liquid, and shred in the crockpot.
- Mix in Frank’s Red Hot sauce, 12 ounces (1 1/2 containers) of WHIPPED cream cheese, shredded cheese, and dressing.
- Cook on high for approximately 30 minutes, stirring occassionally…if you can wait that long!!!
TIP: I added the dressing slowly to get the dip to the desired consistency that appeals to my crowd…we don’t like soggy or mushy. Drizzle some extra hot sauce on the top in the shape of a football to “decorate” it 🙂
Serve with fresh cut veggies (fresh celery not pictured) and homemade on plan crackers (bake a Joseph’s Lavish – these are NOT gluten free – in the oven at 325 degrees for just at minute or two…keep a close watch or it will burn)…All of this deliciousness for approx. $7.31 – $8.26…serves 6-8 people.
Also, back in September, we posted this football friendly Simple Success – Taco Casserole…you are not going to believe how easy this Game Day Winner Dinner is…my teenage son and his friend went back for seconds (me too…and there was some leftover to have with my salad for work)!!!…Click HERE to see rest of post…