Some things I learned when preparing and doing the One Week Fuel Cycle:
- I need Deep S more than Heavy S in my daily routine
- Two cups of Trimmy Rich in the same morning killed my regular appetite
- “E” is good for ME
- Quinoa is palatable & YUMMY if you keep trying…Don’t write this Super Food Off…Creamy Grains recipe is AMAZING!
- I need to be trying new recipes more often
- My freezer is chock full of single serve meals 🙂
- I learned that I was eating too many Frankenfoods
- In the Higher Learning chapter, I learned I was Fuel Stacking at night time
- It is important to read and re-read the books (I highly recommend all three)…Click HERE to start your journey
- It’s okay to be hungry and happy at the same time in the Fuel Cycle…as you know what the end result will be…stored fat vanishing and health improving!!!
- I didn’t miss my TV and Couch…there was absolutely no time for wasteful leisure…this took preparation!
The day before I started the fuel cycle I dropped 2 more pounds…so my end result after the fuel cycle was…I didn’t lose any additional weight…I had to make a choice…to get discouraged after the tremendous amount of work & preparation OR to be thankful for the lessons that I learned above…I chose to be THANKFUL! I will share more soon…
STAY TUNED…my TRIMMAVERSARY is FEBRUARY 20…
This is the last post in our One Week Fuel Cycle! Today was FP Day #2 for me 🙂
B: 8:30 Had the Strawberry smoothie again this morning. Slept in a bit so breakfast was a bit later than during the week. Had Coffee with 1 tsp 1/2 n 1/2.
11:30 S – Fit n active cheese stick and 1/2 cup fresh Blueberries……I had a 12n appointment today so I knew I would be having a later lunch.
L-3:00 – Went to Wendy’s for lunch today. I ordered the Chicken Pecan Salad. First I didn’t eat the nuts or the blue cheese. They give you the nuts in a separate bag and I’m very much looking forward to eating them tomorrow!! I did eat approx. half of the dried cranberries 🙁 1/2 the package of the Pomegranate dressing package which kept it in FP.
D-6:30 – Finished the Egg roll in a bowl from yesterday. 1 Fit n Active cheese stick and 1/2 Cucumber sliced. 1 cup of Oolong Tea. I have to be honest I am so over the FP!! Seltzer is what I washed it all down with. Tea we had after dinner.
I made the Cottage Berry Whip for snack tonight and will have that around 9pm! Page 374 in the Cookbook. I made mine with the frozen mixed berry blend versus the raspberry in the book. I’ve had it both ways, and I love them both!!
Final Thoughts: I am so glad I did this!! I have learned what Deep S, E & FP look like in their purest forms. I clearly see where I have made the following mistakes:
- I was eating “off plan” more than I thought I was
- I was using more “Franken Foods” and less whole foods
- I was “fuel stacking” and having more crossovers than is allowed in “weight loss mode”
I have decided to continue on with the Fuel cycle for the next week, (2 weeks is the max amount of time to be in the Fuel cycle). I feel so much better eating THM the proper way, that I would like to solidify these specific fuel types for another week, and give my body fuel in it’s purest forms. However, I will modify the FP days. I will eat FP for breakfast and Dinner. I will eat a Deep S Lunch. I will forgo snacks on these two FP days and use only sippers in between. Now that I’ve been on nearly a full week, my body should do well with this small change.
I started my Fuel Cycle on Monday so I will weigh Monday and share with you all how I did. Tomorrow I will start in with a Deep S breakfast, and I can’t wait. I told my hubby I’m going to eat a stick of butter!! Just kidding…..Kinda!
Challenge yourselves Mamas…..You are so worth it!!!!
Michelle Here: FP Day #1
B: 7:30 – Strawberry Big Boy (FP) Page 414 in Cookbook. I don’t have Sunflower lecithin so that was omitted. 1 Cup coffee with 1 tsp cream.
L: 12n I was hungry at lunch. I was supposed to eat at 11am but was delayed in a case, so ate later. Egg Roll in a bowl (Page 62) Salad greens with Red wine Vinegar & Steamed Broccoli. Strawberry Oikos with bowl of berries. The chips and dip belong to my Colleagues who were still finishing off all of yesterdays goodies! Pomegranate Seltzer to wash everything down.
2pm – Oolong Tea
5:15pm – OK this is where FP got crazy for me. Today was busy, and I have a physical, and at times stressful job. I had to do errands after work. Wasn’t optional. When I left work I was feeling hungry. Very Hungry. After climbing 3 flight of stairs in the Parking Garage…I was off to do banking and shopping. I completed my errands and had to stop at Hannaford. By the time I got to Hannaford, I wasn’t feeling great and was a bit dizzy. I was standing in the check out line when I felt my blood sugar dropping. I needed to eat and I needed to eat fast, something with glucose. I didn’t want to grab candy…I didn’t want to grab chips or crackers…so I grabbed Fat Free Fig Newton’s. I ate 2…it took a few minutes and I started feeling a wee bit better. I finished cashing out and headed home. I had a few slices of Trim Deli turkey and a bowl of Chicken Noodle soup. I ate the carrots in the soup…… my body needed them! Sorry I didn’t get a pic but this Chickie needed food!
Thoughts: For me, I will not do a full day of FP. My metabolism is too high…..especially on a day I am working. My brain needs glucose to function at it’s best capacity. I was fine until around 4pm, and I should have had something at that point. I didn’t bring enough snacks to work. I will do a full day of FP tomorrow until dinner at which time I will add in a few “E” carbs. Tonight the carrots in my soup were enough carbs to make me feel better. Also I am home tomorrow so preparing snacks and eating every 3 hours with sippers and protein shakes will be a HUGE help in helping me complete this One Week Fuel Cycle! Key is I don’t feel like a failure…because I ate a few carbs. I am thankful for the signals these amazing bodies send us, to keep us well.
Sandy Here: Well Chickies…today was the last day of Fuel Pull, and I am glad that part is over…to my advantage I was laid up in the recliner with a strained back…couldn’t move very well, therefore, no unnecessary visits to the kitchen…I am thankful that I was able to stay on plan through this trial…so here it goes:
- 8 a.m. Breakfast – Big Boy Smoothie (Page 414 Cookbook & Page 242 in Original Book) & Trimmy Light (Page 430)
- 11 a.m. Snack – Sweet Dreams Cookie Bowl Oatmeal (Page 249 Cookbook)…I had to use about a 2 tablespoons of almond milk to soften it up but after that it was another WINNER to add to my list
- 2 p.m. Lunch – LARGE leafy salad green w/non-starchy veggies with 3 ounces of chicken breast with curry (leftover from the night before), drizzled with ACV and a side of raspberries
6:30 p.m. Dinner – Leftover curry chicken soup, Mocha & Salted Caramel Gluccie Pudding, and a cup of tea…
Tomorrow I am back to Deep “S” and back to work…so I will be preparing tonight for tomorrow!
KEEP TRIMMIN’ OFF CHICKARINAS…
Michelle Here: Day #2 of E
B: 7:30 Orange Creamsicle E (Page 409 in Cookbook) 1/4 of small Banana & 1 Chocolate Banana muffin that I made last night. Book stated you could have 2 muffins for breakfast. I reduced to 1 because of the shake and 1/4 banana that I had. 1 cup coffee with 1tsp 1/2 n 1/2.
L: 11:30 Homemade Chicken Noodle soup with yummy celery, carrots, and onion. Also have a bit of Dream Fields Pasta in it. Container Triple Zero strawberry yogurt with 3/4 cup frozen strawberries (that I picked this summer). Oolong Tea. I have challenged myself to drink Oolong daily for the entire month. Lunch was super challenging as they had a super bowl party today at work. Pizza/Wings and every imaginable delectable dip and appetizer on the planet! I stayed 100 % on plan!! Polar Orange Vanilla Seltzer to sip on through the afternoon. Very busy day at work and a snack was not an option 🙁
D: 5:15 I was ravenous when I hit home so I had a Fit & Active cheese stick while preparing dinner. It helped take the edge off, and dinner came together pretty quickly. I made the Blackened Chicken with mango & black beans E (Page 66 in the Cookbook). Sandy made this last night and said it was delicious. Thank goodness for a fully stocked pantry & freezer, so I had all the ingredients on hand. I took 2 large frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer before I left for work this morning. I had 1/4 cooked Quinoa leftover from last nights meal, that I ate on the side. 1 cup of Quinoa fed both my husband and I for two meals. This was a scrumptious meal and my Husband told me the best he’s had from the cookbook yet! Winner…winner…chicken dinner!! Second cup of Oolong tea after dinner. Doesn’t look like much on the plate but this was very filling and the portion size was much larger than it looks!
Snack: 9:00 Apple & Peanut Butter Yogurt. 1/2 cup 0% Greek Yogurt with 2 T Defatted Peanut Flour, 1 tsp vanilla and 2 tsp Sweet blend. Super Yummy.
Thoughts: Whew 4 days down!! I am feeling good and can clearly see where I was not on plan as much as I thought I was….this has been a great reset. I have had to be much more aware of “everything” I am putting in my mouth and when….this has been really eye opening for me. Also a huge shout to my hubby who has been a trooper through this. He has pretty much eaten right along with me 🙂 at least when we are together! Lord knows what he’s eating while at work!! Now on to FP…………………
Sandy Here: Well it’s DAY #5 and in Fuel Pull mode “FP”…the rubber met the road today!!!
- 8 a.m. Breakfast consisted of a Fat Strippin’ Frappa (Page 418 in Cookbook & Page 240 in Original Book) with a Trimmy Light followed by Oolong Tea…GGMS to sip
- 11:30 a.m. Started eating my lunch – large bowl of salad greens & non-starchy veggies topped with 4 ounces Plain Albacore Tuna with red wine vinegar drizzled over the top
- 3:15 p.m. Snack – Chia Tapioca Pudding (Page 234 in Original Book)
- 6:30 p.m. Dinner – Homemade Chicken Curry Soup…my own recipe of 4 ounces chicken breast, chicken broth, zucchini, celery, radishes, green peppers, a tiny bit of onion, 2 baby carrot sticks for color & curry powder
- 8:30 p.m Snack – Gluccie Mocha & Salted Caramel Pudding (Page 351 Cookbook)…I have to admit this was simply delicious 🙂
I have to admit, Fuel Pull is the most challenging on the fuel cycle…I was hungry most of the day, but I just kept telling myself “It is only for two days, and that’s not a bad thing because every other diet I have been on I was HUNGRY ALL THE TIME and lost very little weight…not on THM…
If you haven’t started your Journey to Food Freedom, then please consider starting today (Click HERE)…
KEEP TRIMMIN’ OFF…
Michelle Here: This is “E” DAY #1 for me.
B: 7:30 Sweet Dreams Peachy Oatmeal (E) Pg. 247 Cook Book ….Took a little preparation the night before….literally like 7 min) but ohhh so worth it!! I was craving some fruit and this hit the spot. I also had about 3oz. approx. 1/2 container of Peach Triple zero Yogurt. I used 1 tsp of half n half in my coffee. Serving size was 3gm fat for 2 Tbs. so I was nowhere near that. I don’t mind my coffee on the darker side for a couple of days.
L:11am Waldorf Cottage Cheese Salad (E) Pg. 190 Cookbook This is a favorite of mine. I did not sprinkle on the 2 tsps. of nuts. For the Fuel Cycle I wanted to eat this in it’s purest E form. I also had 3 lean slices of smoked deli Turkey Breast. 2 slices of Cucumber. Cucumbers are not the best in my neck of the woods at this time of the year. Cup of Oolong Tea with nothing added.
S:2pm Sorry no pic on this one. 2 small Clementine’s and a Fit & Active Cheese Stick
D: 6pm Golden Chana Dal Soup (E) with Chicken Pg. 99
I added 1/4 cup cooked Quinoa to boost protein. This was very yummy and filling on this very rainy day. I will use the rest of the Quinoa for breakfast tomorrow.
Snack 9pm Chocolate Banana Muffins (E) Pg.283
Super Yummy!! Very Moist, Super glad I made them!!
Thoughts: I have been in the Kitchen a lot! If I’m not making food, I’m cleaning up or doing dishes. It takes some effort to do the fuel cycle. However, I have a fair amount of left overs that I am freezing and that’s a huge bonus for me!!!
Sandy Here: Well it’s DAY #4 and my last day of “E”…the rubber will be meeting the road TOMORROW!!!
- 9:30 a.m. Started my day with breakfast of Creamy Grains and OOOHHHH what a delish & delightful breakfast that was (could have never made that on a work day…I was off today)…I wanted a Trimmy Light BUT my brain got to thinking (as I am being VERY CAREFUL this week), and I had a cup of hot Oolong tea instead…there would have been too many fats with the combination of both.
- 1:15 p.m. Lunch – Waldorf Cottage Cheese Salad (Page 190)…I only had a small apple so added half of a tangerine (compliments of Michelle) and a heaped tablespoon of Goji Berries…also squeaked in a small Trimmy Light here…aahhh…so deprived…NOT!!!
- 4:15 p.m. Snack – Golden Chana Dal soup (Page 99) w/3 ounces baked chicken added to it…my son had a basketball game so this was just a little something to hold me over until dinner at 7:30 p.m.
- 7:30 p.m. Dinner – Blackened Chicken with Black Beans & Mango (Page 66)
Bye, bye “E”…it was good getting to know ya!!! Coming up next…Fuel Pull for the next two days 🙂
KEEP TRIMMIN’ OFF…
Michelle Here: Hey Mamas. DAY #2 of DEEP “S”!! Woot…Woot!! 100% On Plan!!
B: Woke up super hungry!! My body is in Fat burning fuel mode!!! 3 Fried Eggs in Kerry Gold Butter, 4 small Beef Sausage Patties, and I boosted my Trimmaccino with a little extra MCT Oil this morning:)
L: Five Guys: I have been reading where lot’s of Mama’s go to Five Guys and have their burgers wrapped in lettuce. Yum and Yum!! I was out running errands so it was a perfect fit! I had a plain Hamburg with Bacon topped with dill pickles wrapped in lettuce…..Super Yummy. Washed it down with Seltzer Water. I just realized you can’t really see the burger. I ate in my car so I wouldn’t be tempted with the other yummy looking off plan goodies.
Shrinker around 4pm!! I’m still pretty full from lunch!
D: Tonight was meeting night so I did the Soothe your Soul soup (Pg. 115 in the Cook book), and this was recommended in the New plan book as a Deep S day Dish. Very yummy and filling. I had 2 bowls for dinner. Super food chews for dessert. Washed it all down with GGMS.
Doesn’t look appetizing and didn’t in the book either. However, this is super yummy. Omit the Beef and it is a FP. The Recipe in the book is for single serve. I tripled everything and made a whole pot full. Rest goes in the freezer for a future meal!!!
Thoughts: Today I was really hungry in the morning. Rest of the day wasn’t too tough. Drank a lot today!! Looking forward to an E day tomorrow and some yummy fruit!!!! P.S. It’s really hard remembering to take pictures of all of your food!!!! Here’s Sandy:
WELL HEELLLOOOOOO CHICKIES…I’m am so psyched for this fuel cycle…today is DAY 3 and it was an “E” DAY:
- 8 a.m. started my day with the Trimmy Light (Page 430) and oatmeal with egg whites mixed in and cinnamon on top…YUMMILICIOUS 🙂
- 11 a.m. Snack was one piece of Bust a Myth Banana cake as I sipped on the Singing Canary
- 2 p.m. Lunch was half of a sweet potato and a green leafy salad w/cukes & a few carrots, plain Albacore tuna on top, drizzled with red wine vinegar
- 5 p.m. Dinner was leftover Cowboy Grub and I also had a second sipper…GGMS…a few apple slices & peanut flour yogurt dip (not pictured)
- 9 p.m. Snack…2 pieces of Bust a Myth Banana cake and a cup of blueberry herbal tea
Feeling so energized and well…one more day of “E” before I head into Fuel Pull mode…NOW THAT SHOULD BE INTERESTING!!!!
To start you Journey, click HERE…
KEEP TRIMMIN’ OFF…
Michelle Here: OK Today is DEEP “S” DAY #1 for me. Whew Day 1 down!!
B – 3 Fried eggs in Kerry Gold Butter, 3 small Sausage Patties, & Trimmaccino Rich…Very Yummy and kept me full until Noon Lunch. I was working so no time for a snack. This meal is way more than I would normally eat at 7:30 in the morning!
L – Hamburg (Grass Fed), Salad Greens with Olive oil and ACV Vinegar with spices…..Sorry no pic 🙁 GGMS & 2 Super Chews!!
Sorry for the lousy Pic…..I was Hangry!!!!!!
D – Steak with mashed Cauliflower. Side of steamed Asparagus covered in Kerry Gold Butter! Also made a small Zucchini sautéed in Kerry Gold. Zero Calorie Raspberry Seltzer Water.
Sipping on a nice cup of Oolong Tea and will have 2 Super Chews (I Love these) at 9:00 p.m.
Thoughts: It was a little tricky working today, but I made it happen. I was really hungry at dinner time and cleaned my plate. I’m going to look into some other snacks for tomorrow that aren’t Super chews. If any of you have any ideas I would love to hear!!!
Bring on Day 2!!!
Sandy Here: Today was DAY 2 of DEEP “S” for me and was a different experience as today was also a work day!
- 8 a.m. started my day with the Trimmy Rich (Page 430) and Fields of Greens Omcake (Page 240)…YUMMILICIOUS 🙂 Made this with red palm oil for a very satisfying rich flavor…first picture is without the nutritional yeast…
- 10:30 a.m. Fat Strippin’ Frappa recipe with a tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 p.m. lunch 2 hard boiled eggs over a leafy green salad w/non-starchy veggies, extra virgin olive oil & apple cider vinegar and spices; one Superfood Chocolate Chew (Page 382)
- 7 p.m. dinner: Grass fed hamburger drizzled with Sriracha sauce, w/leftover broccoli w/buttah, sauteed mushrooms with extra virgin olive oil & buttah, and added sauteed zucchini w/more buttah & a few raw red peppers…Why? Because we get too!!!
- 8:30 p.m. 3 snack Superfood Chocolate Chews (Page 382)
- Drank GGMS at work and water the rest of the day
Today I was hungry throughout the day and also couldn’t wait to get home…I’m ready for Day #3 of this amazing health Journey…BRING IT ON!!!
KEEP TRIMMIN’ OFF…
Michelle Here: Happy Sunday Mamas. Well our One Week Fuel Cycle is finally here!!!
I had shared with our local group that I had developed an Epistaxis (bloody nose) while at work this past week, and had to have my nose cauterized. I did well after that but had another episode this morning. The veins are very surface in my nose. The Doctor said that might happen again, and he was right. I didn’t need to go to the hospital again (Praise God)….but it did set me back in my preparations as I stayed quiet for the remainder of the day… But no fear….Lord willing I will begin the challenge a day later…..on Monday! I did get a bit of prep work done this morning, and should be ready to join in a day late. Better late than never!!!! So for those who are not quite ready to start today…..feel free to start Monday with me! Otherwise for those who are ready to jump right in here’s Sandy……………………
Sandy Here: Well hellllooooo CHICKIES….I am so excited….I spent some time on Saturday preparing in between my son’s basketball game, grocery shopping, church and youth group for my son….yes, you too, can have success even if you have a busy schedule….here are some pictures of my Saturday prep:
Made Cowboy Grub and had for dinner on Saturday night before starting fuel cycle and saved leftovers for my first “E” day then froze a few servings for another time. Also made several servings of brown rice for my second “E” day and also froze a few…Remember Chickies…WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER 🙂
And I’m off and running…Good Sunday Morning…DAY ONE – DEEP “S”:
- 8:30 a.m. started my day with the Trimmy Rich (Page 430)…waited for my son to get up to have breakfast together 🙂
- 10:30 a.m. 3 eggs scrambled with a heaped teaspoon of coconut oil, nutritional yeast, mineral salt & pepper. Had a second Trimmy Rich…Why? Because I get too! Was stuffed so lunch was later…
- 2:45 p.m. lunch was chicken grilled in coconut oil, over a leafy green salad w/non-starchy veggies, extra virgin olive oil & apple cider vinegar and spices
- 7 p.m. dinner: Steak (not grass fed), broccoli w/buttah, and sauteed mushrooms with extra virgin olive oil & buttah
- 8:30 p.m. snack Superfood Chocolate Chews (Page 382)
- Drank water most of the day….BECAUSE I WAS STUFFED….didn’t eat as much as I thought I would….I planned for an additional snack but absolutely could not fit it in…did sip half of a GGMS in the evening!
Click HERE to start your Journey to Trim ‘n’ Healthy…
KEEP TRIMMIN’ OFF…